Friday 18 March 2011

Confusion

Eurgh, I just hate days like these.

As you may have noticed, I have a very short attention span and tend to flick between dream to dream. So far, jobs I have wanted, quite seriously, to undertake include and are not limited to:

- Paramedic
- Nurse
  - Childrens nurse
  - A+E nursing
- Clinical psychologist
- Eating disorders counsellor
- Therapist
- Horse trainer
- Horse rescue owner
- Horse dealer
- Office worker
- Tesco worker (I kid you not. There are months in my life where I just want to work checkouts, 9 to 5, part time for minimum wage)
- Bar owner
- Club promoter
- Cupcake store owner
- TV chef
- Police officer (a very long running one, I wanted to be a cop from the age of 10 to 16)
   - Mounted police officer
   - Dog squad officer
- Social worker
- Architect
- Teacher
- Photographer
- Vet
- Vet nurse
- Receptionist
- Banker

Pretty much all I can remember off the top of my head. Apart from about four of them, ALL have been crazes within the last... 4 to 5 years? I'm nearly 21 now. So since the age of 16/17, I have gone from wanting to do one thing only - police officer, which I eventually decided against after talking to a few family members who are cops and finding out what it's really like - to wanting to do EVERYTHING.

One thing you may notice is that nearly all of them are very people or care focused. The trouble is I'm far too flitty to do something that requires deep concentration or commitment, and yet I'm too focused on doing good and changing the world not to. I just want to have a job where I'm happy, I'm not bogged down by work constantly and I can earn enough to give my (future) husband and kids a decent life. Too much to ask for :(

All this has come about mainly because I'm failing my current university course. I'm a psychology student. I am getting above 60% in nearly all of my psychology modules, but in the one and only compulsory you-must-pass-to-continue-the-course module, I'm failing. And I'm failing miserably. What module is it?

Statistics. I am awful at maths.

No comments:

Post a Comment